The unit is intended to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to prepare, analyze and interpret financial statements
Summary of Learning Outcomes
By the end of the unit, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic concepts of accounting.
- Discuss the governance and regulatory framework of accounting.
3. Apply basic accounting skills learned.
- Prepare debtors control and purchases control account
- Use Double-entry concept to find out the missing figures/information by preparing relevant accounts
- Prepare and present books of accounts for various business entities.
- Discuss emerging issues in financial accounting.